Amidst the lush greenery of Fukue Island, there exists a unique experience that combines the freedom of a rental bike with the joy of picking organic vegetables and the art of crafting traditional onigiri bento.
This half-day workshop invites participants to pedal their way through scenic landscapes, enjoy the organic farm, and master the art of creating delectable rice balls.
But there’s more to this experience than meets the eye. As the wheels spin and the vegetables are carefully selected, a deeper connection to nature and a taste of authentic Japanese culture await those who embark on this journey.
So, hop on the saddle and let the adventure unfold.
- The tour offers a combination of an e-bike rental, organic farm experience, and cooking class.
- Participants will learn to make onigiri, Japanese rice balls, during the tour.
- Fresh vegetables will be picked from the farm to create a personalized bento box for a picnic lunch.
- The tour provides free time to explore Fukue Island on the e-bike after the cooking class.
The tour overview provides a comprehensive description of the Organic Vegetable and Onigiri Bento Workshop, offering participants the opportunity to learn to make onigiri while enjoying an e-bike rental, organic farm experience, and cooking class.
The tour has a duration of approximately 4 hours, and it’s designed for a private group, ensuring a personalized experience. The group size limit allows for an intimate setting, allowing participants to receive individual attention from the farmers during the onigiri lesson.
Participants will also have the chance to ride the e-bikes to the farm and pick fresh vegetables for their own personalized bento box. The tour provides a balanced combination of hands-on activities, culinary learning, and exploration of Fukue Island.
With its focus on organic farming and traditional Japanese cuisine, this workshop promises a unique and enriching experience for all participants.
Pricing and Booking Information
Participants interested in joining the Organic Vegetable and Onigiri Bento Workshop can now explore the pricing and booking information for this unique culinary experience. The workshop offers a lowest price guarantee starting from £14.35. To secure a spot, participants can check availability and reserve now, with the option to pay later.
One of the benefits of booking is the flexibility it offers, allowing participants to make changes or cancel free of charge up to 24 hours before the experience starts. Mobile tickets are also available, emphasizing the importance of convenience and ease of access.
The workshop, which combines an e-bike rental, organic farm experience, and cooking class, lasts approximately 4 hours. It’s offered in English and two other languages. Participants will have the opportunity to learn how to make onigiri, pick fresh vegetables for their personalized bento box, and enjoy free time to explore Fukue Island on their e-bike.
During the Organic Vegetable and Onigiri Bento Workshop, you will have the opportunity to experience a variety of tour highlights.
- Tour Activities:
- E-Bike Rental: Participants can explore Fukue Island on an e-bike, allowing them to enjoy the scenic beauty of the surroundings while getting some exercise.
- Organic Farm Experience: Participants will visit an organic farm and learn about sustainable and organic farming techniques. They’ll have the chance to pick fresh vegetables to use in their personalized bento box.
- Onigiri Lesson:
- Joining the Farmers: Participants will have the unique opportunity to learn the art of making onigiri, traditional Japanese rice balls, from the farmers themselves.
- Picnic Lunch: After the onigiri lesson, you will enjoy a picnic lunch using the freshly picked vegetables and the onigiri they’ve made.
These tour highlights provide a well-rounded experience, combining outdoor activities, hands-on learning, and delicious food. Participants will gain knowledge about organic farming and Japanese cuisine while enjoying the beautiful surroundings of Fukue Island.
What to Expect
Visitors can anticipate an immersive and educational experience during the Organic Vegetable and Onigiri Bento Workshop. This workshop offers a unique combination of onigiri making techniques, a farm-to-table experience, and a chance to explore Fukue Island on an e-bike. Participants will begin by riding to the farm and personally selecting fresh vegetables for their bento box. They will then join the farmers for a hands-on onigiri making lesson, where they will learn the art of shaping and filling the rice balls. After the lesson, a picnic lunch will be prepared using the freshly picked vegetables. Participants will also have free time to explore Fukue Island on their e-bikes. This workshop promises to be an enriching experience, providing visitors with both culinary skills and a deeper understanding of sustainable farming practices.
|Onigiri making techniques
|Riding an e-bike to the farm
|Picking fresh vegetables for the bento box
After experiencing an immersive and educational workshop on onigiri making techniques and sustainable farming practices, you will now explore the tour itinerary for the Organic Vegetable and Onigiri Bento Workshop.
The tour duration is approximately 4 hours and offers a unique combination of activities. Here is a breakdown of the itinerary:
- Ride to the organic farm on an e-bike and enjoy the scenic surroundings.
- Engage in a farming experience by picking fresh vegetables for a personalized bento box.
- Join the farmers for a hands-on onigiri lesson and learn the art of making Japanese rice balls.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch prepared with the freshly picked vegetables and your homemade onigiri.
- After the workshop, take advantage of free time to explore Fukue Island on your e-bike.
- This tour is a private activity, ensuring an exclusive experience for your group.
Throughout the tour, you will gain valuable knowledge about organic farming practices and traditional Japanese cuisine. It’s a perfect opportunity to take in the local culture while enjoying the beautiful scenery of Fukue Island.
The cancellation policy for the Organic Vegetable and Onigiri Bento Workshop ensures flexibility and peace of mind for participants. Pros of the policy include a full refund if canceled up to 24 hours in advance, allowing participants to change their plans without any financial loss. Participants must cancel at least 24 hours before the start time to receive a full refund.
However, there are cons to consider as well. If canceled less than 24 hours before the start time, no refund will be provided. Plus, no changes will be accepted less than 24 hours before the start time. It’s important to note that the cut-off times for cancellation are based on the local time of the experience.
In the event of poor weather, the workshop may be canceled and you will be offered a different date or a full refund.
To provide visitors with important details about the workshop, there’s additional information that participants should be aware of. Here are some key points to consider:
- Dietary restrictions for the cooking class:
- Participants with specific dietary restrictions or allergies should inform the organizers in advance, so appropriate arrangements can be made.
- The cooking class aims to accommodate different dietary needs, but it’s recommended to communicate any restrictions beforehand to ensure a satisfactory experience.
- Safety measures during the e-bike ride:
- Prior to the ride, you will receive a brief orientation on how to operate the e-bikes safely.
- Helmets will be provided and must be worn throughout the ride.
- It’s important to follow traffic rules and guidelines to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all participants.
Directions and Location
Visitors to the Organic Vegetable and Onigiri Bento Workshop can easily find the location by following these directions.
Getting to the farm is quite simple. From the city center, visitors can take a short 15-minute drive or opt for public transportation, as the farm is conveniently located near a bus stop. For those who prefer a more scenic route, riding a bike is a popular option, with rental bikes available near the workshop. Along the way, visitors will be treated to breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside.
Plus, there are several nearby attractions that visitors can explore before or after the workshop. Fukue Island, known for its natural beauty and charming villages, is a must-visit. Its pristine beaches and hiking trails offer a perfect opportunity to unwind and connect with nature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are There Any Age Restrictions for Participating in the Rental Bike & U-Pick Tour?
The minimum age to participate in the rental bike & u-pick tour is not specified. It is recommended to check with the tour provider for any age restrictions or guidelines before booking.
Can I Bring My Own Ingredients for the Onigiri Cooking Class?
Yes, participants can bring their own ingredients for the onigiri cooking class. However, it is important to inform the organizers in advance about any allergies or dietary restrictions to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
Is the E-Bike Rental Included in the Tour Price?
Yes, the e-bike rental is included in the tour price. The tour package includes the rental of an e-bike, an organic farm experience, a cooking class to learn how to make onigiri, and a picnic lunch.
Are There Vegetarian or Vegan Options Available for the Picnic Lunch?
There are vegetarian and vegan options available for the picnic lunch, allowing participants to customize the onigiri fillings to their dietary preferences. This ensures that everyone can enjoy a delicious and satisfying meal during the workshop.
Is There a Minimum Number of Participants Required for the Tour to Run?
There is no minimum number of participants required for the tour to run. However, there may be age restrictions or recommendations, so it’s best to check the specific details of the tour before booking.
The Sum Up
The ‘Rental Bike & U-Pick: Organic Vegetable and Onigiri Bento Workshop’ offers a unique and immersive experience for participants.
With activities such as e-bike rental, organic farm exploration, and a cooking class, this half-day tour provides a chance to connect with nature and learn about traditional Japanese cuisine.
The tour is private, ensuring a personalized experience, and includes a picnic lunch made from freshly picked ingredients.
With flexible booking options and a convenient cancellation policy, this experience is a great choice for those looking for a memorable adventure on Fukue Island.