The ‘Deep & Quiet Arashiyama/Sagano Walking Tour of the Tale of Genji’ offers a captivating journey through the historic and picturesque Arashiyama and Sagano areas of Kyoto, Japan.
Imagine strolling through the serene beauty of Daikakuji temple, surrounded by the tranquil Osawa-no-ike Pond. Or exploring the cultural richness of Seiryoji temple, enjoying centuries of history.
This immersive tour provides participants with a comprehensive experience, complete with a tour booklet that delves into the historical significance and cultural background of each site.
Starting from the convenient meeting point at Randen-ya in the Arashiyama station area, this tour promises an enriching exploration of Kyoto’s hidden gems.
Plus, with a flexible cancellation policy, participants can book with peace of mind.
Join the ‘Deep & Quiet Arashiyama/Sagano Walking Tour’ and uncover the secrets of the Tale of Genji in an unforgettable way.
- The tour includes entrance tickets to Daikakuji temple & Osawa-no-ike Pond and Seiryoji temple.
- Participants have the option to try Japanese snacks during the tour.
- Insurance is not included, participants are responsible for their own coverage.
- The tour provides expert commentary, interactive experiences, and a comprehensive tour booklet with detailed information about the sites visited.
The tour includes:
- An original 15-page booklet
- Tickets for Daikakuji temple and Osawa-no-ike Pond
- Tickets for Seiryoji temple
- Optional Japanese snacks
The booklet serves as a guide, providing valuable information about the tour and its destinations.
Tickets for Daikakuji temple and Osawa-no-ike Pond allow visitors to explore the serene beauty of the temple grounds and the picturesque pond.
Seiryoji temple, another highlight of the tour, offers a chance to admire its stunning architecture and tranquil atmosphere.
For those who wish to indulge in some local flavors, Japanese snacks are available as an optional add-on.
It’s important to note that insurance isn’t included in the tour package and participants are responsible for arranging their own coverage if needed.
Guiding and Tour Booklet
The tour is guided by experienced professionals who provide valuable insights and commentary throughout the journey, enhancing the overall experience for participants. Here are three key aspects of the guiding and tour booklet that contribute to the immersion in Japanese culture and the historical significance of the Arashiyama/Sagano Walking Tour of the Tale of Genji:
- Expert Commentary: The knowledgeable guides share their extensive understanding of Japanese culture and history, offering fascinating insights into the significance of the places visited. Participants can learn about the connections between the locations and the famous Japanese literary work, The Tale of Genji.
- Interactive Experience: The guides encourage active participation, inviting questions and discussions. This interactive approach allows participants to deepen their understanding and engage with the historical context of the tour.
- Comprehensive Tour Booklet: Each participant receives an original tour booklet, approximately 15 pages long. This booklet serves as a handy reference, providing detailed information about the sites visited and their historical background. Participants can refer to the booklet even after the tour, ensuring a lasting connection to the experience.
Meeting and Pickup Location
Participants of the Arashiyama/Sagano Walking Tour of the Tale of Genji will meet and be picked up at Randen-ya, a shop located at Keifuku(Randen) Arashiyama station. Randen-ya is situated at ２０２ 嵐山駅はんなりほっこりスクエア内, Sagatenryūji Tsukurimichichō, Ukyo Ward, Kyoto 616-8384, Japan. To easily locate the meeting location, participants can use Google Maps for directions.
The meeting point is in front of the Locker area at the Keifuku(Randen) Arashiyama station. However, it’s important to note that Google Maps mightn’t show the exact place when entering the correct station address. Therefore, it’s advisable to look for Randen-ya, a shop within the station premises.
Participants should arrive at the meeting location on time to ensure a smooth start to the tour.
If participants need to cancel their reservation for the Arashiyama/Sagano Walking Tour of the Tale of Genji, they can do so up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Here are three important points to note regarding the cancellation policy:
- Full refund: Participants who cancel their booking at least 24 hours before the scheduled start time of the tour will receive a full refund. This ensures that customers have flexibility in case of any unforeseen circumstances.
- Time restriction: It’s important to adhere to the 24-hour cancellation policy. Any cancellations made less than 24 hours before the tour’s start time won’t be eligible for a refund. This policy allows the tour operators to make necessary arrangements and accommodate other participants.
- No changes accepted: Once the 24-hour mark before the tour start time has passed, any changes to the reservation won’t be accepted. This policy ensures that the tour operators can maintain a smooth and organized experience for all participants.
Directions to the Tour
To find the meeting point for the Arashiyama/Sagano Walking Tour of the Tale of Genji, participants should head to Randen-ya located at the Keifuku (Randen) Arashiyama station.
The meeting point is conveniently situated near public transportation, making it easily accessible for tour participants.
Upon arriving at the Keifuku Arashiyama station, participants can look for the Locker area, where Randen-ya is located.
It’s important to note that Google Maps may not show the exact location when the correct station address is entered. Therefore, it’s advisable to follow the directions provided and look for the meeting point in front of the Locker area.
This landmark will serve as the starting point for the Deep & Quiet Arashiyama/Sagano Walking Tour of the Tale of Genji.
Important Details and Reminders
The important details and reminders for the Deep & Quiet Arashiyama/Sagano Walking Tour of the Tale of Genji include the tour inclusions, guiding materials, meeting and pickup location, and the cancellation policy.
- Original Tour Booklet (about 15 pages): The tour provides a comprehensive booklet with information about the Tale of Genji and the places you’ll visit.
- Entrance Tickets: The tour includes tickets for Daikakuji temple & Osawa-no-ike Pond (800JPY) and Seiryoji temple (400JPY).
- Japanese Snacks (Optional): You have the option to enjoy Japanese snacks during the tour, costing approximately 500 yen.
Guiding and Tour Booklet:
The tour provides an original tour booklet, offering valuable insights and historical information. The booklet acts as a guide, enhancing your understanding of the places you visit.
Meeting and Pickup Location:
The meeting point is Randen-ya, located at Keifuku(Randen) Arashiyama station. Please meet in front of the Locker area at the station.
Cancellation is possible up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. If you cancel within 24 hours or make changes to the experience, there will be no refund. Please consider the local time when adhering to the cut-off times for cancellation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Duration of the ‘Deep & Quiet Arashiyama/Sagano Walking Tour of the Tale of Genji’?
The duration of the Deep & Quiet Arashiyama/Sagano Walking Tour of the Tale of Genji is not specified without the context. The tour focuses on exploring the historical significance of the Tale of Genji and the cultural impact of the Arashiyama/Sagano region.
Are Children Allowed on the Tour? Is There a Minimum Age Requirement?
Children are allowed on the tour of the Deep & Quiet Arashiyama/Sagano Walking Tour of the Tale of Genji, but there is no specific minimum age requirement mentioned.
Are There Any Restroom Facilities Along the Tour Route?
Restroom facilities are available along the tour route. The accessibility of these facilities for people with disabilities may vary, so it is advisable to inquire about specific needs before embarking on the tour.
Is Photography Allowed During the Tour?
Photography is allowed during the tour. Visitors can capture the beautiful scenery at the best spots along the route. It’s a great opportunity to take memorable photos of the Deep & Quiet Arashiyama/Sagano Walking Tour of the Tale of Genji.
Is There Any Specific Dress Code or Attire Recommended for the Tour?
There is no specific dress code recommended for the tour. However, it is advisable to wear comfortable footwear and clothing suitable for walking. The best time to visit is during the spring or autumn seasons for pleasant weather and beautiful scenery.
The Sum Up
To sum it up, the ‘Deep & Quiet Arashiyama/Sagano Walking Tour of the Tale of Genji’ offers a captivating and immersive experience in the historic and picturesque Arashiyama and Sagano areas of Kyoto, Japan.
Participants have the opportunity to explore temples, ponds, and other notable landmarks, allowing them to enjoy the rich history and serene beauty of the tour.
Plus, the option to enjoy traditional Japanese snacks enhances the experience, providing a taste of local culture and cuisine.
The tour also provides a detailed tour booklet, which offers valuable information and insights into the sites visited, further enriching the experience.
On top of that, the convenient meeting point ensures that participants can easily join the tour and begin their exploration without any hassle.
The ‘Deep & Quiet Arashiyama/Sagano Walking Tour of the Tale of Genji’ is a well-rounded and enjoyable experience, providing a unique opportunity to delve into the fascinating world of Kyoto’s historic and picturesque areas.